Uncle Jack and the meerkats
When Uncle Jack and the children find some homesick baby meerkats they decide to take them home to the Kalahari Desert. Getting there is easy in Uncle Jack’s balloon. But the desert is a dangerous place. Can they keep them safe?
- Games and language activities
- An audio recording of the story and the song
- A picture dictionary
Animals, nature, feelings, town
Grammar and structures
Past simple regular and irregular forms
Verb + infinitive
Verb + -ing
Must for obligation
Shall for obligation
Adverbs: never, sadly, a lot
Comparatives / superlatives: better best
The Multi-ROM CD that accompanies the Young ELI Readers adds a new, digital dimension to reading in class with an interactive whiteboard (IWB), to reading in the school multimedia centre or to reading at home on the PC.
The Multi-ROM CD allows children to:
• follow fun animations of the story;
• listen to the recordings on either a conventional CD player or a PC;
• do engaging, interactive and auto-correcting exercises.